Life-long Corvette historian and enthusiast Walt Thurn explores the fascinating history of C3 Corvettes, from its generational predecessors C1 (1953-1962) and C2 (1963-1967), through the C3s significant impact on Corvette history. Thurn covers each one of the 14 model year Corvettes, including rare options and collectability / value.
This book covers every aspect of restoring your C3 Corvette that you will need to know, including:
- proper planning and evaluation for restoration projects
- key inspection points
- the importance of matching numbers for an accurate restoration
- body work, paint, and frame restoration
- suspension and differential reassembly
- brake system installation
- engine rebuild or replacement (including engine block casting numbers)
- wiring and interior installation
- body installation
Picking up a CarTech book is quickly becoming a no-brainer. Jam-packed full of color photos and easy to follow directions, this book will not let you down. An absolute must for the Corvette enthusiast, I highly recommend!
Rating: 5 stars