Corporate Superpower: Cultivating A Winning Culture For Your Business by Oleg Kanovalov

“Culture reveals the true nature of an organization, whether it is a positive one which encourages people to perform at their best, or a negative one, destructive towards their efforts and desires.” Continue reading “Corporate Superpower: Cultivating A Winning Culture For Your Business by Oleg Kanovalov”

Advertisements

Managing For Success: Practical Advice For Managers by Steven R. Smith

ebq4star

In this self-help guide for managers, author Steven R. Smith, R.PH, M.S., equips the reader with practical advice for successful managing in any industry.

Statistics show that 40% of new managers fail, while many of the remaining 60% are performing below expectations, mainly due to lack of training and proper understanding of managerial obligations.

Based on 42 years of experience, Smith explores the proven ideas and techniques that he has used to achieve successful management. Each chapter looks at the different responsibilities and aspects of management, from the hiring and training process, to goal-setting and planning, to creating a more positive workplace environment. He also discusses time management including common time wasters,  managing the work environment, motivational factors for employees, and exactly what a manager should and should not delegate. Continue reading “Managing For Success: Practical Advice For Managers by Steven R. Smith”